Looking for affordable health insurance?
The Healthfirst Essential Plan may be right for you.
Get affordable, essential health coverage with benefits such as:
- $0 or $20 monthly plan premium
- $0 deductible
- $0 preventive care checkups
- $0 copay to talk to a doctor 24/7 by phone or video chat*
- Low-cost generic prescription drugs
- Emergency room visits
- Hospital care
- Dental and vision coverage options available
- Access to a network of retail health clinics and urgent care centers
- Personalized attention for chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, cancer, diabetes and others
- Convenient, money-saving mail-order prescription service
- And more
What are Essential Plans?
The Essential Plan is a New York health insurance program for lower-income state residents who don't qualify for Medicaid or the Child Health Plus program. There is a total of four Essential Plan options, and each option is based on your household income level. Two of those Essential Plan options include dental and vision coverage, while the remaining two options offer you the opportunity to purchase dental and vision coverage. New York State (NYS) created this program to fill the coverage gap that many individuals and families have, as they do not qualify for Medicaid but cannot afford full premium coverage.
Who are Essential Plans for?
Essential plans are for individuals 19–64 years of age who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, legal residents, or eligible immigrants.**
Call today to see if a Healthfirst Essential Plan is right for you.
Can’t talk right now?
Request a callback, and we’ll get back to you within one business day.