Healthfirst Medicare Members have Access
to Benefits During a Disaster or Emergency
Healthfirst is here to help make sure your healthcare remains a top priority when a disaster occurs.
In the event a disaster or public health emergency is declared, Healthfirst will be there to assist our members by:
- Waiving referral requirements and prior authorizations, where applicable
- Allowing out-of-network services and benefits at in-network cost sharing
- Making changes that benefit you effective immediately, without a 30-day notification requirement.
Disasters and public health emergencies may be declared by:
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- A Federal, state, or local government entity
The public health emergency or disaster ends 30 days after any of the following occur:
- All sources that declared a disaster or emergency declare an end.
- The emergency or disaster has expired and has not been renewed.
- There is no longer a disruption of access to healthcare.