Benefits for this plan include:
- Primary care visits, such as your yearly physical
- Health screenings, such as blood tests or x-rays
- Yearly exams, birth control, and full pregnancy care for women (OB/GYN visits)
- Emergency care
- Complete medical care for infants and children, immunizations/vaccines and regular pediatrician visits
- Dental, vision, and hearing care
- Home Health Care Management and Residential Health Care Facility Services (Nursing Home)
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. Click here for a full list of Medicaid Managed Care Program benefits.
The Maximum Monthly Income chart (link below) can help you determine if you’re eligible for Medicaid Managed Care. To use the chart:
- First, add up the number of people in your household. This includes you, your legal spouse, your dependent children, and anyone else under 65 years old for whom you are the legal caregiver
- Then, in the first column, choose which description best describes your household. Pick that row and read across to the correct number of people in your household to see the maximum amount of monthly income* allowed to qualify for Medicaid
Qualifying for Medicaid: Maximum Monthly Income
How do I figure out my monthly income?
Not sure if you’re eligible? Find out now.
If you or members of your family have Healthfirst Medicaid Managed Care, you must renew your plan on or before the anniversary of when you signed up.
You will receive a notice from either NY State of Health (NYSOH), the Human Resources Administration (HRA), or your Local Department of Social Services (LDSS) approximately 45–90 days before your anniversary date. Make sure you open and read the notice to get all the details about how to renew your health insurance plan.
It is important that you renew your Medicaid health insurance each year in order to keep your benefits.
We can help you with your renewal. You can:
- Fill out this form and a Healthfirst representative can contact you
- Visit us at one of our Healthfirst Help Centers. If you are unable to make it to a Healthfirst location, we can come to your home and assist you
- Want more information? Click here to learn even more about renewing your Healthfirst Medicaid Managed Care coverage
Don’t let your Healthfirst health insurance coverage end.
We can help you find a plan that’s right for you. You can:
- Click here to fill out a form, and one of our representatives will contact you to answer your questions. We can even make an appointment to visit you in your home or another location convenient to you
- Call us at 1-866-463-6743, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm
- Visit one of our many Healthfirst Help Centers where a representative will help you understand your health plan needs and advise you on the options that are right for you