Benefits for this plan include:
- Primary care visits, such as your yearly physical
- Health screenings, such as blood tests or x-rays
- Yearly exams, birth control, and full pregnancy care for women (OB/GYN visits)
- Emergency care
- Complete medical care for infants and children, immunizations/vaccines and regular pediatrician visits
- Dental, vision, and hearing care
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. Click here for a full list of Medicaid Managed Care Program benefits.
The Maximum Monthly Income chart (link below) can help you determine if you’re eligible for Medicaid Managed Care. To use the chart:
- First, add up the number of people in your household. This includes you, your legal spouse, your dependent children, and anyone else under 65 years old for whom you are the legal caregiver
- Then, in the first column, choose which description best describes your household. Pick that row and read across to the correct number of people in your household to see the maximum amount of monthly income* allowed to qualify for Medicaid
Qualifying for Medicaid: Maximum Monthly Income
How do I figure out my monthly income?
Not sure if you’re eligible? Find out now.
It is important that you renew your Medicaid health insurance each year in order to keep your benefits. If you are a Healthfirst Medicaid member, you will receive a renewal package* in the mail from the Human Resources Administration (HRA) approximately 60-90 days before your last day of coverage.
We can help you with your renewal paperwork. You can:
- Call us at 1-877-869-1156, TTY 1-888-542-3821, Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
- Visit us at one of our Community Offices. If you are unable to make it to a Healthfirst location, we can come to your home and assist you
- Fill out this form and a Healthfirst representative can contact you
Don’t let your Healthfirst health insurance coverage end. You must complete and submit your renewal form by the respond-by date listed on your renewal documents or you will lose your Healthfirst benefits.
*Please note: The renewal package does not come from Healthfirst nor will Healthfirst be mentioned in the renewal letter from your Local Department of Social Services/Human Resources Administration office.
To learn more about applying for health insurance including Child Health Plus and Medicaid through NY State of Health, the Official Health Plan Marketplace, visit www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 855-355-5777.
We can help you find a plan that’s right for you. You can:
- Click here to fill out a form, and one of our representatives will contact you to answer your questions. We can even make an appointment to visit you in your home or another location convenient to you
- Call us at 1-866-463-6743, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm
- Visit one of our many Healthfirst Community Offices where a representative will help you understand your health plan needs and advise you on the options that are right for you