If you or members of your family have Healthfirst Medicaid Managed Care, you must renew your plan on or before the anniversary of when you signed up.
You will receive a notice from either NY State of Health (NYSOH), the Human Resources Administration (HRA), or your Local Department of Social Services (LDSS) approximately 45–90 days before your anniversary date. Make sure you open and read the notice to get all the details about how to renew your health insurance plan.
- It’s important that your information is up-to-date with both Healthfirst and NY State of Health. If your information is not up-to-date, you won’t receive your notice. If your notice is returned as undeliverable, your healthcare coverage will end.
- If you need to update your information with Healthfirst, please call us right away at 1-866-463-6743, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm
- If you need to update your information with NYSOH, please call them at 1-855-355-5777. You can also make updates online. If you do not already have an online account, create one at NYSOH today so you can:
- Confirm or update your mailing address
- Confirm or update your language preference
The easiest and fastest ways to renew your Medicaid coverage are to call the Healthfirst representative who helped you enroll, to visit us at a community location, or to go online to schedule an appointment.
You can also renew by following the instructions in your renewal notice.
- If your renewal notice gives instructions for online renewal, you can renew online. If you do not already have an account, use the username and password provided to create an account and log in to the NYSOH website, and then follow the instructions provided.
- If you enrolled with a paper application, you may be asked to renew by paper or renew online through the NYSOH website.
Once your renewal application and all required paperwork have been submitted, the NYSOH, HRA, or LDSS will review the information and determine if there are any changes to your eligibility. You may be asked about a few additional details (such as if there have been any changes to your income) or to provide some documentation once you submit your renewal application.
- Even if some of your personal details have changed—such as your income or immigration status—or if you were switched to another health insurance plan during the year or your plan was canceled or denied, you may still be eligible for another health insurance plan
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and Public Assistance (PA) recipients should contact their local office for help renewing
Your coverage will be cancelled if you don’t renew when you are required to or don’t return documents by the requested date. That means you will lose all of your health benefits.
Stay covered! With the FIVE-STAR QUALITY Medicaid Managed Care program offered by Healthfirst, you get access to benefits such as:
- Doctor and specialist visits
- Dental, vision, and hearing coverage
- Maternity coverage, plus your newborn is automatically enrolled in Medicaid
- Preventive health screenings (including annual checkups, shots, mammograms, etc.)
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments*
- Prescription drug coverage (some copays may apply)
- Expanded behavioral health benefits for individuals who qualify
PLUS, you’ll have access to:
- A large network of doctors and specialists at many of New York’s top hospitals
- Healthfirst community locations in your neighborhood
- Help in the language you speak
*LogistiCare will facilitate and provide necessary transportation to members who reside in one of the New York City boroughs or Long Island.
You have several options. The easiest and fastest ways to renew your Medicaid coverage are to call the Healthfirst representative who helped you enroll, to visit us at a community location, or to go online to schedule an appointment.
We’re here to make the renewal process easy and to answer your questions. We can even call you and NYSOH at the same time and submit any required documentation electronically to make your renewal faster.
Want more information? Check out these FAQs to learn even more about renewing your Healthfirst Medicaid Managed Care coverage.