Benefits for this plan include:
- Regular visits to pediatricians and other doctors
- Baby and toddler shots (immunizations/vaccines)
- Health screenings (such as blood tests, x-rays, nutrition, lead screening, tuberculosis testing, and speech and hearing testing)
- Emergency care
- Dental, vision, and hearing care
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. Click here for a full list of Child Health Plus benefits.
There are no income limits for Healthfirst Child Health Plus. Instead, your child’s premium (monthly payment for health insurance) is determined by your monthly income*. The Child Health Plus Family Contributions chart (link below) will show you how much you can expect to pay for Child Health Plus coverage each month. To use the chart:
- Count the number of applying children and the legally responsible relatives of the applying children living in the household in accordance with the chart. Do not count children and siblings over 21 or unrelated household members
- Read down that column until the number is higher than your monthly income. Then follow the row to the far left column to see your child’s premium (monthly payment amount). Note that this cost is per child, per month
Child Health Plus Family Contributions
How do I figure out my monthly income?
Not sure if your child is eligible? Find out now.
As a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the Healthfirst® Child Health Plus program it is important that you renew your child’s health insurance coverage each year. If your child is a Healthfirst Child Health Plus member, you will receive a renewal package in the mail approximately 60-90 days before your child’s last day of coverage.
We can help you with your child’s renewal paperwork. You can:
- Call us at 1-877-869-1156, TTY 1-800-662-1220, Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
- Visit us at one of our Community Offices. If you are unable to make it to a Healthfirst location, we can come to your home and assist you
- Fill out this form and a Healthfirst representative can contact you
Don’t let your child’s Healthfirst health insurance coverage end. You must complete and submit the renewal form by the respond-by date listed on the renewal documents or your child will lose his or her Healthfirst benefits.
For more information about Child Health Plus in New York State, call 1-800-698-4543.
Need affordable health insurance for you, your children, or your entire family?
We can help you find a plan that’s right for you. You can:
- Click here to fill out a form, and one of our representatives will contact you to answer your questions. We can even make an appointment to visit you in your home or another location convenient to you
- Call us at 1-866-463-6743, Monday to Friday, 8am-6 pm
- Visit one of our many Healthfirst Community Offices where a representative will help you understand your health plan needs and advise you on the options that are right for you